Wednesday, January 5

Lay Away

For Christmas I received my father's old camera bag. Inside contained a variety of accessories that go with the Pentax K1000 camera he gave me when I was fifteen. I use the same camera today for all of my Studio visits and any event I want decent photos from. A little digging around and I found a receipt for what I would guess would be a piece of camera equipment but, there is no item description. The receipt is from Best Buy Co. in 1986, the year I was born. It's a fun piece of history since Best Buy is a Minnesota grown Fortune 100 company with more than 1,100 retail stores across the U.S., Canada and China. In 1986 they had 14 locations and a 7 14 day home trial. Best Buy (Co.) may have gained much success since 1986 but, I think they should have stuck with their old logo.
Along with the receipt were some instruction manuals for the camera. I went ahead and scanned in a few images that caught my eye. This Pentax Lenses & Accessories manual was printed in April of 1985.
I love the colors in this diagram below, I'd be fun to make a poster from the image.

No comments: